Miami Creole Food Festival
March 18, 2023
Showcasing the best Creole chefs, cuisines and beverages from the Caribbean, Africa, Europe, Asia, and South America. Discover participating tourism boards, rising star chefs, beverage connoisseurs, bartenders providing signature drinks, sample dishes, cooking demos and more.
“Creole Food Festival was created as a platform to highlight the talents of black and brown chefs. With the culinary industry being predominantly male and white, we were intentional about showcasing female chefs of color. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, only 22.8% of chefs and head cooks in 2021 were women. We want to showcase the multicultural salad that Miami has to offer while celebrating what unites us through food,” says co-founder Fabrice Armand.
Renowned chefs include:
• Christina Coupet (Haiti) – Food Network Chopped Grand Champion 21
• Grace Ramirez (Venezuela) – World Wide Ambassador Zacapa Rum
• Airis Johnson (New Orleans) – Food Network Chopped Champion
• Cynthia Verna aka Chef Thia (Haiti) – Winner of Embassy Chef Challenge
• Snegugu Kine (South Africa) – Restaurant Winner GagasiShero 22
• Amina Ly (West-Africa, French, Italian)-Contestant Food Network Alex vs America
Creole Food Festival will also feature immersive activations of food sampling, exotic beverages and food demos with live music, local chef village and entertainment for the entire family to enjoy.
Date: March 18, 2023 3:00 PM-8:00 PM
Location: The Ancient Spanish Monastery | 16711 West Dixie Highway , North Miami Beach, FL 33160
Event website: eventbrite.com